WHAT IS THAI YOGA MASSAGE
Thai Massage or Thai Yoga Massage is a holistic therapy form with roots in Yoga, Ayurveda and Buddhist spiritual practices. In Thailand it is known as Nuad Boran, which means “ancient healing” or “sacred medicine”.
Jivaka Kumar Bhaccha is historically considered to be the founder of Thai Massage and honored by the Thai people as the “Father of Medicine”, dating back to about 2500 years ago. He was contemporary to Buddha and was his physician.
Thai Yoga Massage uses the body weight, loving touch and meditative awareness to invite the receiver to gradually release tensions in the body and mind. It combines yoga postures, stretching and pressure applied along ten main energy lines (‘Sen’) of the body using the hands, thumbs, elbows, knees and feet.
Jivaka Kumar Bhaccha
- relieves body tensions
- tones the internal organs
- calms down the nervous system
- strengthens the immune system
- increases the range of motion and flexibility
- restores and balances body’s energy
- reduce and relieves stress and anxiety